Fairmont St Andrews - Torrance Course
Fairmont St Andrews,
View as Map /
Write a Review
Holes 18 Par 72 Length 6677 yards
- Year built: 2001
- Architect(s): Gary Stephenson,Denis Griffiths
- Season: Year round
Coastal views of the North Sea and historic St Andrews greet you at the Fairmont St Andrews Golf Resort, and these can be admired from the greens of either of its two fine golf courses as well as from the clifftop setting of the clubhouse. The facilities here are second to none and include a large putting green and expansive short-game area.
Opened in August 2001 and named after one of its three designers, Sam Torrance, this Open-qualifier course offers some fantastic links golf. The greens may take a while to get used to purely due to the fact that they are so fast, an extra challenge to contend with after you have successfully navigated the perfectly-positioned bunkers that protect the approach. Views around the course are spectacular especially from the 8th green which looks down over the remaining holes.
- Walking allowed: Yes
- Metal spikes allowed: Metal and soft spikes are both allowed, though metal spikes are prohibited in the Clubhouse.
- Credit cards accepted: Visa, American Express, MasterCard, Jcb, Diners Club
- Dress Code: Proper Golf attire is required to play on the courses- Collared shirts and tailored pants or shorts are required. Sweat pants and denim are unacceptable.
- Carts: Yes - £40
- Pull-carts: Yes
- Clubs: Yes
- Pro shop available: Yes
- Caddies available: Yes
- Driving range: Yes
- Pitching/chipping area: Yes
- Putting green: Yes
- Teaching pro: Yes
Weather for Fairmont St Andrews - Torrance Course
SW 45 kph
WSW 32 kph
SW 21 kph
WSW 16 kph
SSW 16 kph
Reviews for Fairmont St Andrews - Torrance Course